Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lost & Found Eurail Pass...Packing up for Berlin!

Last night we watched a movie about World War I, Germany and the battle at Ramagen Bridge. The battle actually took place in Germany on the Rhine River a few miles down from my hotel. Today we went on a cruise of the Rhine River and got to see what was left of the Ramagen Bridge. The actual bridge fell during the battle but the posts are still up. We cruised to the city of Lindz, the sister city of Marietta, Georgia. They actual have a tribute to Marietta at the city gates! Lindz is a nice, quiet, slow town. We ate lunch, went shopping and watched a man blow glass at a glass making shop. Tonight I was packing up for our trip to Berlin tomorrow and I could not find my Eurail pass. I was so upset. I looked through all of my stuff!!! I looked online to find the cost of a replacement and it was like $200 Euros! I started freaking out because that's like $350 USD. I had made up in my mind that I was going home--that Dr. Noll was going to change my flight to Tomorrow! Seriously. I was so done with Germany. I went back through all my stuff one last time and found it. I was so RELIEVED! Now I am all packed up and looking forward to our trip to Berlin tomorrow. We have a free day on Sunday and Wednesday and I am looking forward to it!! Berlin is one of the biggest cities in the world. Next weekend is our free weekend. My room mate, Kyle, and I have been discussing possible locations...maybe Prague? Hopefully we will get it all figured out tonight!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment