Saturday, May 15, 2010

Misfortune in Bonn/Sunrise in the Basement

Breakfast was fresh baked bread and butter...I am so tired of bread...ugh! We were missing home at lunch time and decided to eat something very familiar--Mcdonald's! We took a tour of the city of Bonn. It is the 19th largest city in Germany and absolutely AMAZING!!! They have great shopping stores and a McDonald's on every corner. I lost my camera...so no photos today :( I didn't even allow my self to get upset, I just found an electronics store and bought another one. I also bought a prepaid phone so I can call home. My cell phone doesn't work over here :( Despite all the minor setbacks, I'm staying positive. Tomorrow morning we are taking a 2 hour drive to Aachen and then touring the city. Hopefully on one of our free days I can take the train back to Bonn and take all those pictures I lost over again! After a long day in Bonn we went to a festival downtown in Konigswinter and then came back to the hotel. David's brother is stationed over here in Germany in the US military and he came by the hotel with his wife and kids! They are sooooo adorable!! After they left we headed down to the basement of the hotel where there is a bar called "The Beer Garden". Our whole group sat around drinking German beer, laughing and having a good time! I hate beer so I had a few fruity drinks. Me and David have been sitting around reflecting about life for the last hour but now my eye lids are getting heavy...time for bed!! 2 days down, 22 to go

1 comment:

  1. Sounds eventful. Sorry about your camera, crisis averted with the new one, eh? Stay positive and enjoy your vacation it's a great feeling to be in another country and yet miss home :\ Bitte ein Bier :)

    ReplyDelete